This week Monday 7th to Friday 11th October is National Customer Service Week 2019.
The Institute of Customer Service is encouraging businesses large and small to take part and raise awareness of customer service and the vital role it plays in successful businesses across the UK.
Customer service isn’t just something that’s nice to have, to compete, win and retain clients your customer experience must be industry-leading.
National Customer Service Week is designed to help organisations think about and improve customer service, in turn, improving the customer experience.
There is a different theme each day this week:
- Monday – Insight: Knowing your customer and how to deliver to them
- Tuesday – Capability & Skills: Identifying and nurturing customer service skills in your organisation
- Wednesday – Recognition: Celebrate your customer service heroes
- Thursday – Leadership: Championing customer service in the boardroom
- Friday – Trust: Building brand reputation and trust by delivering on promises
Telephone Customer Service
The phone remains a major contact point for most businesses, so is an important consideration when improving customer service.
People will immediately judge your company on how you handle their call.
From the moment they dial your number, how quickly the call is answered, how it’s answered, what happens if they have to be put on hold or transferred and how helpful and friendly your staff are.
We’ve summarised this in our downloadable eBook – 5 Reasons Your Callers Are Hanging Up
About The Institute of Customer Service
The Institute of Customer Service is the independent, professional membership body for customer service. For over 22 years they’ve been sharing CX best practices to help members improve their customer service and business performance.
Follow everything that’s going on Twitter with #NCSW19